Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spartan Sprint - Ottawa Eh?

A trip to Canada with Reesa to visit the family! Planned to coincide with the Spartan event... they SAY Ottawa but it was across the bridge in the land of Kwebeck.
Sunday race so I knew the course would already be a mess, but I looked forward to it regardless.
A ski hill and a Spartan Race go hand in hand.
Quick overview: hills were impressive and almost as tough at the PA Sprint.
Obstacles were a breeze though... many missing classics, a couple of new ones. Fun though. Hard to know how long the race is and I feel like I left 10-15 minutes on the course of my 1:17 time. I always feel that way after a race though.
I didn't need the camelbak but nice to have...  it got me stuck for a few seconds in the tunnel crawl and snagged me on camo crawl which killed at least a minute of my time.
Money bars were impossible. I got further than everyone but hit a point where you had to reach directly up 3 feet from your current bar and no way to pull that off at the end of the race.
It was awesome to have Rees, Mom, and Tracy there... Rees is a pro at navigation and photo spots and the best supporter to give me a kiss a the end when I'm muddy and sweaty.
Overall a fun day though solo race... maybe next year I can convince some Canucks to race with me!


Shit yeah I'm fresh to death. I've done NOTHING!



The Pen.

Off.


About to jump the fire!


Another successful spear throw!

Run ya bastard!


Catching my breath for the final climb.


Under and out from the cargo net. Pain in the ass as my camelbak got caught so I couldn't just crawl... I had to side-pull myself.

Up the slippery wall and down the rope... easy does it.


finish shot.


Glamour shot? Oy.


Focus... I haz it.

FINIS!!!
And my amazing wife and family!





No comments:

Post a Comment