Monday, August 20, 2012
Mt. Cuckoo 15K Run
Couldn't have asked for a better day for the 1/2 road, 1/2 trail run.
Team KASA representing with Zim, Jaime, Marc, and I.
Terrific race... the 1st mile was uphill and murder... then followed bu uphill trail portion. All the Mt. Joy training really helped this bit for sure.
The really surprising thing about this race was that I made up a TON of time on the road portions... especially running uphill. I guess the neighborhood runs really helped that.
We met 2 Spartan races from the elite field in PA and was really happy that I beat them in this race as they blazed out fast in the beginning.
Met my goal of sub-90 minutes and finished @ 1:28.... 7th for my age and 25th overall.
The rest of the team did great too... Zim 1:27, Marc was around 1:35 I think and Jaimee not long after that.
The trail racers also drank more been than the road team at the 1/2 way point. I only had one... didn't want to pay the price with 4+ miles left.
Overally happy with my performance... still more work to do though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment