Thursday, August 9, 2012

Super Spartan

Completed my 1st Spartan Sprint race on July 14th at Blue Mountain. Just over 5 miles.
There is absolutely NO way to describe the race in a manner that someone who hasn't been though it could understand. I don't mean that to sound arrogant: that's the last emotion tied to it.
Only that it was the toughest phsyical challenge I've ever encountered.

PROS: finished in 2:10 and top 10% of all racers and mix pack in the elite heat... 29th for my age.


CONS: learned that my lack of technique on some obstalces (and no way to prepare for them the 1st time) cost me at least 15 min in time and 150 burpees.

Real PRO though: There were 3 or 4 times (especially in the 1st half of the race) where I thought: "Holy fuck. I may not finish. This MAY be too tough." I was wrong though. Now I know I can make it. Make it when the body is totally cooked and the mind wants to escape. It was 2 hours of my body and mind being in that incredibly uncomfortable place, and STAYING there and grinding through even though...
I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment