Thursday, April 25, 2013

3 days...

Countdown... Thursday today... Fri, Sat... then the big day.
Been obsessing a little about it. Packed my food and stuff to carry today. I think I'm bringing too much, but I'd rather take that chance with the extra weight.


Looks good so far... will be starting at 7am so I image chilly.
Shorts, compression shorts, compression socks.
Full-sleeve compression top and a light jacket. If I get hot I can always take it off and tie it on.
Packed 8 gels, 4 cliff bars, 4 cheese & crackers and 4 s-caps just in case.
Full Camelbak with Mio-fit is the plan. A large diet red bull at around 5:30am is the plan.
Going to leave the hotel at around 5:30 too... 6am get there... time to register and pace and shit my pants gracefully a few times.
See, haven't thought about it much at all.

Goal: FINISH. 8hrs, 10hrs, whatever it is, it will be.
Have the extra-power iphone case that hopefully will be good enough to make it through the whole race.
Hotel is 20mi away and I splurged on a jacuzzi tub. Think I'll need it after.
Carb loading started. Higher % tomorrow and Saturday. Heading up late afternoon to settle in for an early night and I'm sure restless one.
This is my test. I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment