Monday, April 1, 2013

27 Days - Born to Run

That's the number until my first Ultramarathon in the woods...
Ironmasters Trail challenge.
I'm been thinking about the race constantly, trying to get my mind around what I'm going to need physically and mentally to make it through.
I think I have both already- I'm just trying to work on the mental part. When it gets painful. When I've passed all of my prior distances and limits, what then do I use?
When experience is not longer the point of reference or anchor... what do I use then?
Ive been reading "Born to Run" and it's connecting in a lot of ways and I think will be very helpful and getting my mind right. The Taramuharu seem to have it right.
I have zero doubts in my ability to complete this race. I absolutely will.
The journey up to the race is really mind-blowing though.
27 days.
I ordered some chia seeds so I can make some homemade iskiate. Going to try before the race and likely the half-marathon I'm doing in less than 2 weeks.
In addition, I want to drop 5-8 pounds in the next month so I'm as lean as possible prior to the Ultra.
This is the time to experiment at least... only one way to find out.
The iskiate looks like a really solid energy drink (prehistoric redbull. ha!)
Can't wait to try and go for another long run in the state park.
Did around 9 miles on Sat around a 12-13min mile... nice and slow just to feel that pace on the trails so I can prepare for the <15min I want to run during the Ultra.

More later about the book when I finish it... a lot of things forming in my mind about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment