Finally... double digits! That means I'm almost there!
Ok Ok... but Day 10 was good. Another Plyometric circuit. Brutally hard at the end: not so much out of breath- just physically unable to non-stop the last section. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be able to.
Still over 700 calories burnt in 40 minutes. Incredible sweat.
Feeling strong though and not fatigued from the program.
Even though the workouts repeat, they do so in a different pattern each week and it really seems new to me still... mostly because my fitness level is changing.
Today was "appreciation for ______ day at work" in our group and another so lunch on the company! woo hoo!
Guess what lunch was? Pizza! Breadsticks! Soda!
Gethefuckoutwoohoo huh?
I'm not going to be "one of the those guys"....I'm not that way about smoking and I'm not going to be holier than thou about food... but I'll say this:
1- you don't smell smoke on your clothes when you're a smoker
2- you don't obviously notice when someone passes who's a smoker
I think the same thing applies with food (only occasionally the smell part though)
What I mean is: you start to see how the "automatic" group lunches and food decisions are inherently not great for you.
It's not a revelation about an office environment by any means... I'm just saying you become more aware of it...
Each day there are at least 3 specials at out cafeteria. (and it's a really good one)... 99% of the time, I can't eat them... or I could eat ONE component of them... but that's no value.
So I declined pizza, as did one other person who was part of the company fitness challenge. You would have thought I dropped the N-bomb.
"What? No pizza? Have some pizza. Really, it's from Sal's. It's good pizza. Have one slice at least. It's a team thing."
Again, my response: "I really appreciate it. Very nice. I'll be there, but you guys enjoy the pizza."
To my fitness friend at work:
"What about you? You're having some right? Treat yourself. We already ordered it".
DECLINED.
Me to my boss: "I didn't call your mother ugly- I'm just not eating pizza for the next while."
"I know, but one piece isn't going to kill you."
"No. It won't. But I'm a elite athlete in training and I have to be careful about balancing my carbs, protein, and fat. Pizza won't work."
"Oh. Do you want use to order some caesar salad for you?"
"Not necessary. We're covered."
"They have a good one there..."
"Again, thanks... I'm good."
*sulks away*
I know it boggles the mind of some people. I know people get offended. That's on them and has nothing to do with me. I truly believe it's the "people feel equal in misery" clause at a lesser level... you end up with them projecting their insecurities and frustrations on you...
Oh well. I'm not breaking. If I eat pizza, which I very well might if I feel like it and it makes sense in my day it will be 100% on MY terms.
I'm the boss of my Insanity!!

No comments:
Post a Comment