I knew it was a trick... a yoga day followed by utterly insane carido... "pure" carido. Suicides, sprints, jumps, pushups, Heisman's, squats, wall climbs, and a host of other favorites... all strung together at top pace for a non-stop 15 minute segment and 2 fives on each side between stretching and warmup. The most insane circuit yet. Hands down. Non-stop. One to the next. No water breaks. Nothing.
Got my heart monitor (just in time)... some stats:
35 min - 532 calories burned. That's crazy. peak heart rate: 180
average? 150.
Holy fuck. Average. They call it Max interval for a reason. That counts the 10 minutes of warm up and down.
Waiting for my recovery mix to arrive. Thankfully Reesa found me Muscle Milk... and that works just as good. Carbs, massive protein, and some fat. Perfect.
Played golf all morning and napped when I got home... think I got a bit of a sunless burn because I was feeling hot-faced and cold at the same time... but as I promised myself, I did my workout at 5pm like I said I would, and I'd glad for it.
It was one of those days that when I got to the dungeon and looked at the daunting calendar and felt the chill in the basement, I wondered if I could push though...
Every time I do, I feel more confident that I can handle this fucking program.
Talking to my neighbor during golf. I decline his offer for a beer and he nearly fell dead. I explained that I was during an intense cardio program. (He works as a roofer and a physical therapist and is quite fit). When I told him was it was he replied: "Oh! My wife and I did that!"
I further inquired: "The whole 60 days?"
"Well, no... um... couple of weeks and then blah blah... it was really hard and I wanted to throw up."
"So 2 weeks though? That's pretty good... what was your least favorite part?"
"Um... well..."
Then moved on fast.
I tell this because it was clear what happened: late night informercial sounds like a good idea holy shit this is no joke.
But I'm not putting him and his wife down... if he DID do two weeks, that truly is an accomplishment... but it just reinforces to me what it means to go the whole way, on my own with no one to push me but me during the workouts.
ESPECIALLY on cool overcast days when you don't have to work and a nap sounds WAY more sensible...
Especially when after 9 holes, everyone has a beer and a dog and I have a protein bar and water.
Especially when the round is over and everyone has 3 more beers each, dogs, cheeseburgers, fries... and I drive them home.
But then I'm rewarded because my amazing wife I go grab lunch together... salads and greek yogurt... and doing THAT with her beats the dogs and beers by a long shot in my books...
Plyometrics tomorrow, the Sunday off.
Only problem I'm having right now is eating enough... 1000 cal/ hr workouts will fuck that shit up. Sheesh.
5/60

Those are some crazy numbers. You're inspiring me, man!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it... during the most intense portion I looked at my HR watch and it seemed to be typically between 160-170.
ReplyDeleteHow does it feel not to be "that guy" anymore?
ReplyDelete