I hobbled around worse today. Mentally better because I KNEW I could handle a workout feeling this beaten up... but it was Day 4... aka "Cardio Recovery".
I wondered a few times today if that was like "virtually spotless" and would the piss be kicked out of me for a 4th straight day, leaving me a wobbley, shakey, puddled mess of a man... (more than now I mean).
Thankfully... it wasn't a misdirection. Shaun T (I know, right) wasn't lying... and he made a point to say that he KNOWS he just dropped 2 days of killer cardio and that a day of recovery is necessary... so that's what it was: 35 minutes of deep power-yoga.
Felt amazing for the most part. Poured sweat like a madman (if you've ever done yoga, you know why), struggled with balance moves a few times, and had to bail out twice on excruciating lunge holds and bounces that physically I just couldn't do for the whole time required...
All in all, this was a refreshing, life-affirming day, and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time in what has been hell.
It's good to know that this workout will pop up in the rotation when needed...
Tomorrow: a new one "Pure Cardio". What the FUCK was the OTHER cardio then.
4/60

Think about how good that well deserved day off will feel in two days. Glad to hear you had some life affirming moments.
ReplyDeleteThanks... I need that yoga. Badly.
ReplyDeleteI do a bit of yoga at the end of my workouts. It's no joke.
ReplyDelete