Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2

I'll admit that I thought about my Day 2 workout a few times during the afternoon... and the morning too. It was going to be rough. I knew this. On some level I looked forward to it.

It's now 2 hours post workout. Foot craps, calf cramps, and a lot of hydrating, stretching, getting nutrition. Tomorrow is going to be big trouble. I can tell now. My quads and calfs are trashed.
I knew the calfs would be... they are the weakest after the achilles injury... and not near 100% yet. They will be soon.

So my 1st taste of what the workout is really like.
Today: "Insanity Plyometric Cardio"
So what this means is warmup (which doesn't get you so much warm as sweating like a loon...) then 3 triple sets of 5-6 moves done at full speed for 1 minute intervals with a 30 second water break every 5 minutes or so. Moves like Heismans, suicides, basketball pick jumps, running, kicking, knee jumps, swat jumps... I lost count at the number of evil moves that just about killed me.
I had to stop 5 or 6 times... for 5-10 seconds. Physically impossible at times with pushups into suicides into jumping squats without any moment to rest.
This is the point and I already get it. The class on the DVD also does the same... and I don't think it's an act. It's fucking impossible to power through it @ 100% right now at least.

BUT another checkmark. 2/60.

Did I mention tomorrow is going to be rough. I won't be walking well... and another workout to look forward to. This is going to be as hard as I imagined. I thought running on the treadmill with a 7 degree incline was a decent preparation. Nope. and honestly, I don't know what could be.

Holy Christ pray for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment