1st day of week 2.
Cardio Power and Resistance.
Some stats this time:
42 minutes
Total Calories burnt: 685
Peak HR: 172
Avg HR: 150
This was the workout in week one that left me with cramps hours after the circuit... calves and foot... and the next day at work I walked around like I had two wooden legs.
This time: amazing difference what a week makes. I feel great. I pushed myself a lot harder and was able to get through about 95% of it with out any 5 second rests... especially the pushups and tricep work and the jumping squats. I can't wait to retake my original fitness test this time next week and see how far I've come.
Super motivated today... and even vacuumed and washed the floors AFTER the workout, like a fucking mental patient.
I was thinking about the difference between this and what I was doing before: treadmill walking and running with intervals of weight-lifting mixed in. Honestly, I didn't mind it, and it almost seems like it took MORE mental energy to do that than this... I didn't even realize how utterly DULL that was until this... I watched movies, listened to music, counted down the time... what was really missing were two things:
1- sense of accomplishment (although making it through "Prince of Persia" is pretty fucking difficult) It was more of a relief to be done.
2- challenge. Sure I got faster and ran harder, but it's not the same. To REALLY hit that point where your body is shaking and keep going until you literally collapse... then get up and keep driving through it. That's the challenge. To take LESS breaks, to do more reps... to stay at the pace of the supremely fit people on the DVD. That's what I'm talking about.
Along with this, my mind is transforming too. I look at food much differently now. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a cold beer or a burger... but I look at food almost always as fuel now. What is this item giving me? What's the cost? Do I need more carbs or protein or fat?
When you're eating 5 times a day and striving for the perfect 40/40/20 diet (fat last)... it takes some work... but as corny as it sounds, I also feel my body relaying that feedback to me too... I KNOW when I need more protein or carbs... I can sense it.
Bottom line: If I'm going to commit (which I have) 60 days to this, I'm not going to do anything to lessen my success. I've seen enough results so far to help drive that home.
I refuse to let inconvenience be an excuse to eat crappy processed shit that's everywhere. (unless I REALLY want a cheeseburger) ha!
If anyone is thinking of starting this Insanity, I'll say this: if you can make it past week 1... I believe you have a good shot... of course, I really don't know what's in store for me, so I may be speaking out of turn.... but week 2 is a vast improvement. Amazing how fast the body adapts and gets stronger when you challenge it and fuel it properly.

"If anyone is thinking of starting this Insanity..."
ReplyDeleteYou're getting me to think about it.
Thinking is safe.
ReplyDeleteDoing it is the crazy part. If you decide to, let me know... you don't need to pay retail for the program... but I highly recommend a chest strap heart monitor and the P90X recovery drink (in powder form).