Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 63 - The End (is the beginning)

The fitness test finale:


                                                                            Day 1           Day 15            Day 36          Day 63        % improvement
Switch Kicks                 58     -    70   -    74     -   82       140%
Power Jacks                 57     -    65  -     70     -   81       142%
Power Knees                68    -    98   -     109  -   117      172%
Power Jumps               38    -    58  -    70    -    85       223%
Globe Jumps                5      -     13  -    13    -     16      320%
Suicide Jumps             11     -     15  -    18    -     20      181%
Push-Up Jacks            12    -     25   -   30    -    38      317%
Low Plank Obliques   35    -    65    -   76    -    83       237%

So there it is.... double, triple from day 1 in most cases. Crazy. Insane indeed.
And the last fit test and the end of the insanity journey... it was a brutal 9 weeks. Revelatory and brutal. I'm proud to have completed it. I hoped I could and half way I knew I could... then I did.
I'm stronger, more flexible, and more powerful that I have been my whole life. I put on a decent amount of muscle too though it's hard to tell from the front pic... and it was great to have muscle back in my legs again after losing so much after the achilles tear.
Taking a week off the hard routine... I'll so some running, lifting, and walking... but the body needs a bit of a rest.
I can't believe it's over... almost anti-climactic... but there are new challenges on the horizon. I don't want to lose the great feeling and lapse back into a less active routine. I like eating healthy and I'll keep it up.... it's comfortable to me now. Besides... I'm looking forward to buying some new pants! 
I'm not going back into the fat-boy ones anymore! ha!
Thanks to everyone who gave me encouragement along the way, especially my wife who was gracious and understanding about this 9 week obsession. *smooooch*
At the end of the rainbow, THIS:



And what could I possible do to top the challenge of Insanity?
How about THIS:
Boom!
When I see people do excerpts of Asylum, I think: now THAT I'm not sure I could do.
(then I remember that's EXACTLY what I thought about Insanity... so perfect)
A new challenge... 
But not today...
Next week...
Stay tuned.



2 comments: