Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 31

Day 3 of 6 for recovery cardio core and balance... getting much more focused on the balance exercises... no loss of balance at all today and breezed through everything. So much so that when I was done I decided to do some sprints on the treadmill. Full speed at a 7 degree incline until my heart-rate hit 170 (about a minute or so) then rest for 30 seconds (this gets me back under 130) then sprint again... repeat... 10 minutes of sprinting in total. Amazing addition and really great sweat. No way I could have done it at that level before Insanity. Only reason I stopped was I supposed to be in recovery for what's next so I don't want to tire myself too badly. Another 200 calories burnt too. Boom.
It's crazy how 45 minutes and 500 calories isn't even close to a workout for me anymore. Progress.
Yesterday I did supplemental weights too so I'll put a "W" or "S" on the calendar to mark bonus activity.
One other note: Every day further along I get more connected to the "core" muscles. It's much easier to focus on them now during a workout than the beginning.
31/63

No comments:

Post a Comment