First part of the workout: Fitness Test
Day 1 - Day 15 Day 36
Switch Kicks 58 - 70 - 74
Power Jacks 57 - 65 - 70
Power Knees 68 - 98 - 109
Power Jumps 38 - 58 - 70
Globe Jumps 5 - 13 - 13
Suicide Jumps 11 - 15 - 18
Push-Up Jacks 12 - 25 - 30
Low Plank Obliques 35 - 65 - 76
Some pretty amazing results. Especially if you look at day 1 to 36... it's really not that much time when you think about it... but a LOT of work.
Globe Jumps: no improvement. Simple reason. I simply can't do the move faster. I'm convinced of that. It's not an issue of lungs or fitness... it just takes a certain about of time.
Ok... So winded and feeling great... then 2 minutes rest before the REAL workout. Max Interval Circuit.
Holy Fucking Shit. I am NOTHING. This workout is so much more difficult that anything so far.... it's like how I felt at Day 2.
Only difference is my fitness level is SO much higher... but this workout is bananas (to quote the instructor). Seriously. 1 hour of max intervals. Brutal. New moves, longer sets, less rest, more combined movements.
I sincerely thought I was going to vomit- so much so that I was looking for a bucket WHILE in a rest move like plank knees.
I didn't. I bust over the 1000 calorie mark before I finished.
It kicked my fucking ass. Brutally. I wasn't even CLOSE to keeping up, let alone doing a perfect hour.
This is ok. I have something to dig for. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Diet is going to be increasingly more important, and I've been really good at balancing... I can see the 1000+ being a regular occurrence.
Tomorrow I fly to Dallas until Thursday. I have 2 options:
1- get up early tomorrow and workout prior to airport
2- do the workout late night tomorrow
Neither appeals to me... only because I don't know how to work out in the morning without dying considering the massive calorie drain.
The late workout will be no good as I'm driving to meet a friend and his wife for dinner... I'm now thinking the best option might be a workout after I land and check into the hotel prior to dinner.
Then Wed I could take and hour and a half in the late afternoon... before dinner again... then I'm home the next day.
I think that's best. These are going to be brutal and I want the best chance to succeed.
Ok Insanity Month 2, you've won this one... but I'll be back tomorrow.
36/63

No comments:
Post a Comment