Max Interval Circuit... the 1 hour marathon.
1021 calories burnt.
Didn't feel at ALL like working out today... long work day and left mentally beat. Perfect day to work out because I had to make that decision to abandon that attitude and work HARD. It's just that decision... nothing more. It's not a question whether I WILL work out when I feel like that. It's just a matter of how committed to the work out I'll be... and since I'm there, I might as well get the most out of it... the time is the time. So I worked hard.
I'm getting better at these much more challenging routines, day by day, and that's very encouraging.
Knock on wood... injury free and feeling very good. The knee issue is completely healed and I'm much stronger than a few weeks ago.
The achilles is proving to be no issue either- except in some stretches for lack of flexibility... not strength or pain problem.
And my calf muscles are coming back finally... this is a major bonus after 6 months of being unable to walk.
When my achilles was severed, I thought a lot about how it would be not to be able to do athletics again. It wasn't a pleasant thought... but as I rehabbed, I saw some promise. I readjusted my goal to be able to run again.
Where I am now makes that seem like nothing. It's a good feeling.
44/63

No comments:
Post a Comment